5 Moments of Happiness
So many parenting blogs and articles are based on struggles and hardships. Whilst I applaud them, write them and read them. I wanted to share a little bit of my happiness each week.
I write this with 2 weeks to go until Christmas. I also write this as my hosting company have had the website down for about 2 days and now it’s back up it’s reverted back to a version from 2 weeks ago!
So here are my 5 moments of happiness this week.
- Attending Chester Zoo’s Lantern Parade was lovely. The kids got small lanterns with a little safety light inside and the adults carried around a larger lantern. The animal lanterns were great but our fave were the cheeky flamingoes.
- Seeing the big man himself. Yes, Father Christmas was at The Reindeer Lodge. We surprised our daughter not telling her where we were going. Her little face lit up when she realised.
- I really enjoyed catching up with a friend I haven’t seen for ages. When we say ‘we should do this more often’ why don’t we actually do it more often?
- It was the school Christmas fair this week and I really threw caution to the wind! I let Pops spend £5 on whatever she wanted. Chocolate, sweets and cakes. Scoffed in moments! Being in reception I always wonder how she is settling in. To hear children of all ages and teachers say ‘Hi’ to her giving cuddles and high fives really warmed my heart. She’s definitely happy at school.
- To be reminded of her innocence and naivety. She asked this morning regarding the eggs that were out for breakfast “do the chickens poo out the eggs with those (batch) numbers already on them?”. Brilliant.