Recipe: Shredded Wheat Chocolate Nests with Mini Eggs
You’ll never go back to cornflakes!
So all you need to make 10 cakes is:
As much chocolate as you wish (I find about 250g is enough)
4 shredded wheat biscuits
30 chocolate mini eggs or similar decorations (but mini eggs are the best)
- Break up the chocolate in a glass bowl and place over a pan of water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water. Gently boil the water until all the chocolate has melted. [Don not eat yet! I know it’s tempting]
- Remove the bowl using oven gloves and allow to cool a little.
- Break up the shredded wheat into the melted chocolate and mix until it is thoroughly covered.
- Spoon into the cake cases and top with decorations
- Cool at room temp or in fridge if you just can’t wait.
- Best bit: Gobble, gobble gobble.
Tip: If you are the parent then you get to test them first, just to make sure they’re ok!