Down in the dark crooked wood, a creepy halloween awaits…
Are your kids ready for a spooky halloween 2016, check out our selection of what’s on in Cheshire.
Tatton Park – Beware The Witches
“In fairy-tales, witches always wear silly black hats and black cloaks, and they ride on broomsticks. But this is not a fairy-tale. This is about REAL WITCHES.” Tatton Park has been hosting Roald Dahl exhibitions and themed events throughout the year in celebration of 100 years since the famous author was born. Halloween is no different. Families can go on a witch hunt through the mansion and gardens, listen to spooky storytelling and look for the children who have been turned to mice.
- Usual admission charges apply to the estate.
- Dates Saturday 22 October 2016 to Sunday 30 October 2016
The Magical Woodland – Dazzling
lighting and supreme sound
Not your traditional Halloween event but The Magical Woodland at Blakemere Village, Sandiway could bring out the creative side in you. Ever fancied yourself as a children’s author? Then why not try out your storytelling skills of mischievous fairies and spooky nocturnal creatures whilst listening to the creepy crunching sound of leaves and the music show. Wake up your children’s imagination for about 60mins you walk through the magical outdoor experience with dazzling lighting and supreme sound in the depths of a Cheshire woodland. If your storytelling has the kids trembling and terrified, end the evening with some lighthearted ice skating.
- Show times are held between 17:00 and 20:20. Car parking onsite is free, tickets are £14.95 for an adult, £12.50 for child under 15. Under 2’s are free. Family ticket 2 adults and 2 children £50.00.
- Running between October 27th and November 6th 2016
Spooky, scary storytelling at
Not one for making up your own terrible tales then visit Dunham Massey for some spooky halloween storytelling by a professional.
- This event is free of charge but the usual admission charges apply. That’s a ticket for the house and gardens, £12.50 for an adult and £6.20 for a child or £31.20 for a family ticket plus £6 per car. Storytelling at various times between 12:00 and 16:00.
- Dates: 24th, 25th or 26th October 2016
Spooktacular Stockley Farm
Stockley farm is a favourite day out for us. This Halloween you have the choice of Spooktacular daytime antics (22nd October – 6th November) or an early evening Spooktacular event (27th October – 31st October). Both promise a wicked witch, a trick or treat trail and pumpkin carving. The evening event must be prebooked and includes a delicious dinner and an owl experience.
- Daytime Tickets are £7.16 for a child and £8.06 for an adult when booked online
- Evening Spooktacular Tickets are £11.95 when booked online
- Dates as above
The Crocky Horror Show,
The Crocky Trail
Down at the Crocky Horror Trail near Chester, they claim to have pulled out all the stops for the scariest and most fun halloween event. The trail is closed but replaced with deep dark catacombs and live action zombies and monsters.
- Tickets prices vary but start at £11 for unrestricted access.
- Dates: 27th, 28th, 29th, 31st of October and the 3rd, 4th and 5th of November 2016.
Family Frights and Creepy Crafts at Delamere Forest
The beautiful Delamere Forest are holding various halloween events. Choose from
Pumpkins and Broomsticks (daytime) – targeted at the over 5’s. Pumpkin carving and broomstick making finished with toasting marshmallows.
£8.70 for 1 ½ hours.
Little explorers halloween special (daytime) – 3 – 6 years. Halloween themed craft activities, witches potions and mud monsters. Free play in the mud kitchen, obstacle course, hammock, climbing tree and tree house. Again finished off with toasting marshmallows.
£8.70 for 2hrs.
Family Lantern Lit Forest Walk (Evening) – Families with children aged over 5 years. Make lanterns and then use them to guide you in the forest. Sit round and make popcorn over the fire. Follow the trail and play halloween themed games.
£8.70 1 ½ hours.
- Dates: 27th October to 3rd November 2016.
Spooky world at
AppleJacks Adventure Park
Spookyworld at Applejacks Adventure Park in Warrington has something for everyone at halloween. Opening its doors on the 8th October and it’s sure to be a frightfest.
For the little ones there’s Spookyworld fun by day, family fun halloween themed events.
- Tickets: £11 each
- Dates: Selected dates throughout October 2016.
Have older children and want something more horrifying? So scary it’s strictly forbidden for the under 12’s. There’s 4 horrifying attractions to visit, tip toe around the haunted house. Be careful not to wake the dead! Trek the field of screams and brave the slaughter house and see carnevil! Ages 12 – 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tickets are £25 each running from , every day except Monday’s and Tuesday’s.
- Dates: 8th – 31st October 2016.
Please check the events website for up to date information.
Above information correct at time of publishing.
Please ensure for all outdoor activities you remember to dress up for the weather.
SHARE, SHARE, SHARE