5 Moments of Happiness
So many parenting blogs and articles are based on struggles and hardships. Whilst I applaud them, write them and read them. I wanted to share a little bit of my happiness each week.
Christmas isn’t far away and I’m busy, busy, busy! Next job find a good venue to meet Santa.
So here are my 5 moments of happiness this week.
- A gorgeous night away with my other half in The Malmaison in Birmingham. The first in over a year. The room was amazing, the food delicious and the company even better. We had a fabulous time watching the amazing Ludovico Einaudi in Birmingham.
- The Christmas light switch on in our town with a christmas market and a school parade. This year we joined in the parade as my daughter is in reception. She dressed up as a dwarf as the school float theme was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (though she looked more like an elf). She loved it.
- A lovely breakfast with friends at Hickories in Chester. All the christmas jumpers were out. A great catch up.
- A fabulous night away at Formby Hall Hotel with a good friend. Lots of wine and giggles and lovely spa treatments. Just what the doctor ordered. This is a yearly tradition for us, last year both of us were heavily pregnant. This year we both looked forward to a nights sleep! We got an amazing room upgrade too. We had a deluxe room which was huge and truly luxury.
- Listening to my daughter reading. She’s 4 and doing so well. Although I prefer her to go straight to sleep after a bedtime story, she has started to want to read a book on her own too! I can’t really say no.