5 Moments of Happiness
So many parenting blogs and articles are based on struggles and hardships. Whilst I applaud them, write them and read them. I wanted to share a little bit of my happiness and positivity each week.
Not long to go! I love Christmas and all the smiles it brings. Though I know Christmas isn’t without hardships and loneliness. I still think it should be enjoyed. For me there is always someone missing, my dad. He’s always in my heart though.
So in my aim to spread some positivity, here are my 5 moments of happiness this week.
- My little pudding is developing so quickly. This week he has developed a like for playing chase. He started walking about a month ago and now he will look at me, start to walk off, giggle and wait around a corner. When I catch up with him he’ll ‘run’ whilst giggling away from me. Such a cutie.
- So far I have had 3 posts published on The Huffington Post Parents, one of which made the main ‘front page’.
- Our Yummy Mummy (baby group) Christmas get together…well the kids (now all 4) get together. We always aim to do a secret santa for the kids and this year we met at a very busy playbarn. We left with headaches from the noise but the kids as usual loved it.
- The adult Yummy Mummy get together. Lovely evening catching up, drinking wine and generally enjoying each other’s company. I always enjoy a chat to these guys. We’re all so different but on the same level in so many ways.
- Having Pops wake up each morning saying ‘5 sleeps till christmas’! She is so excited and that makes me excited too!
“I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet
The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow