Recipes: Brazil Nut and Rocket Pesto
I love Pesto, so easy to make and delicious. I usually go for an adaptation of Jamie Oliver’s but I do love this one from Deliciously Ella for a change.
Preparation: 10 mins
50g Pine nuts (lightly toasted)
100g Brazil nuts
1 1/2 avocados
2 large handfuls of rocket
Juice of 1 lemon
big handful of fresh basil leaves
8 Tbs Olive oil
500g Pasta (Penne or Rigatoni)
1 mug of garden peas
1 head of broccoli
- To make the pesto, add the brazil nuts, pine nuts into a food processor. Once crushed add the avocado, rocket, basil leaves, lemon juice and olive oil. Whizz up again until smooth consistency. That’s the pesto made.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- While pasta is cooking slice the courgette and chop the broccoli into bitesize pieces and sauté for about 7 mins.
- Cook the peas in boiling water, these only need a couple of minutes in boiling water.
- Drain the pasta and add the veggies and pesto.