Recipes: Pasta and homemade pesto
This has to be the simplest and quickest tea for all the family. Homemade Pesto tastes great and its super easy to make. I’m a big fan of Jamie Oliver’s recipes, so I tend to use his or adapt them slightly.
Pasta, a handful per person (Rigatoni and Penne work particularly well)
2-3 Good handfuls fresh basil
Handful of Pine nuts
Handful of grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 clove garlic
Squeeze of lemon juice
- Put on the pasta to cook according to packet instructions.
- Either use a food processor or a hand blender to blend the basil, pine nuts (which taste even better if lightly toasted in a frying pan – be careful not to burn them), garlic and parmesan cheese. Whilst blending, add the olive oil until you get a thick but smooth consistency.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice to the pesto, taste and add more if needed.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and stir through the pesto.
- Serve up nice and warm. Enjoy.
You could serve along side a nice leafy salad and/or some garlic bread. You can even add in some left over cooked chicken or fish